Dental Research by Dr. Steve Bassi
Steve Bassi has been involved in dental research throughout his career and has published on a wide variety of topics in national and international journals. His research activity includes:
- A survey of the cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training of SHOs in the UK. This questionnaire-type of project was designed to ascertain the level of CPR training of SHOs. The initial survey was carried out in 1997 and the results published, together with recommendations on improving CPR training. A follow-up survey in 2000 showed that the perceived ability of SHOs in being able to deal with an unconscious patient with no detectable cardiac or respiratory output has improved.
- Taught Master of Dental Science Programme in Restorative DentistryA research project investigating the amount of dentine exposed after resin bonded bridge preparation and the micro leakage around resin-bonded bridges has been completed, and during this project a new method of imaging teeth for research purposes was developed.
- Clinical trial on the use of digital imaging in determining the shade of crowns and bridges.This clinical trial investigated the use of digital imaging technology for shade selection during the construction of crowns and bridges compared to conventional techniques.
- Delphi Multi-centre study on Ectodermal Dysplasia / Hypodontia in Growing Bone.
This international study attempted to devise consensus statements on the management of patients with ectodermal dysplasia / hypodontia.
- CT scanning characteristics of the jawbone in hypodontia patients
MSc project Supervisor
- The use of Cone Beam CT for space measurement.
MSc Project Supervisor
- Demineralisation of tooth structure assessed with novel methods